Friday, February 7, 2014

PTI Anniversary Timed Challenge

Today over on Nichole's blog, the challenge is to create a project in 17 minutes or less AFTER grabbing 7 supplies in 7 minutes! At least we were given 17 minutes and not 7! I've never timed myself making a project, but this was definitely a challenge! I will have to admit it was fun, a bit crazy, but fun. I definitely had to make sure I had my sketch book handy so that I didn't waste any time on a Card Sketch or measurements as I was putting together my project today. I used this online stopwatch to time myself.


In addition to timing myself, I also wanted to challenge myself even more by making a simple card set. So I got all my supplies in 7 minutes:

1.) Inks (SU Elegant Eggplant, Cherry Cobler, Night of Navy, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, and Early Espresso)
2.) Cardstock (Kraft, White, and Early Espresso)
3.) Corner Chomper
4.) EK Success Punch
5.) Twine
6.) Brads
7.) Stamp Sets (Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers, Hero Arts Solid Dots Cling Stamp and Hero Arts CL498 Stamp Set)

Like I said before, I needed to make this as easy as possible. In my sketch book I make sure to include the measurements needed for anything that needs to be cut out, that way I didn't need to waste time guessing. I also chose to use only one flower, the Daffodil, from the PTI stamp set, so I wouldn't waste time cleaning and repositioning stamps for each card. I made this Mother's Day Card set:






I can't believe I finished! How exciting and what a rush to finish a project while being timed! Think of how many projects we would finish timing ourselves! Just kidding, this was too much work, I like to take my time.



The craftermath:


I didn't make too much of a mess, the card design itself is pretty simple, so it was easy to put together. What took me the longest was adding the brads, the twine, and the dimensional adhesive, otherwise I think I could have finished earlier.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!