Friday, February 14, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Building Blocks of Design

Good evening fellow crafters! Are you ready for Valentine's Day?! I almost am, still need to finish up the kids' classroom Valentine Treat bags. My oldest daughter's birthday is on Monday, but they do not have school so she also wanted to take cupcakes to celebrate her birthday tomorrow. Still need to bake those, so will be up later than I hoped. I work late tomorrow and won't get out until 10pm, but right after that we are surprising the girls with a weekend trip to Disneyland (neither of them have any idea!). We will leave tomorrow night, stay Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, then leave Tuesday, and be back to school and work on Wednesday! I can't wait to go back, we love it there! We last went in August and are definitely ready for another trip back!

So anywho, since the girls have school in the morning and I work at night, we celebrated Valentine's Day tonight. We had a nice simple dinner, we all opened our gifts and cards, then I went ahead and took a little bit of time out to make a card for today's challenge over at Papertrey Ink. When you visit each blog, each DT member has a different Building Blocks Option list for you to roll the dice to or use random generator to. Here is my list:

Ashley's Color Selection #1 Pure Poppy
Betsy's Color Selection #2 Berry Sorbet
Cristina's Color Selection #3 Aqua Mist
Danielle's Neutral Selection Classic Kraft
Dawn's Sketch Selection #3
Erin's Occasion Selection Birthday Card
Heather's Technique Selection Spray Misting
Laura's Embellishment Selection Rhinestones
Melissa's Fiber Selection Baker's Twine

And my Birthday card:




I used Embossed Resist on my background using Hero Arts Line Dots Cling Stamp. I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine mists in Gold and Sweet Cherry for my Spray Misting. I used Papertrey Ink's Mat Stack #5 die, and embossed that with some dots, then adhered that to my embossed, spray-misted cardstock. I stamped my flowers using PTI's Ruby Reprise Stamp set, then cut them out by hand. I adhered all my flowers to the card, then added some white Baker's Twine. On top of that, I added a PTI double-ended banner die cut stamped with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set. I also added some Glitter to each side of my card, did you spot that? :)

I...love...this...card! I really do. And I love Heidi Swapp's Color Shine spray mists! They are so sparkly! I really was hoping to do at least 2 or 3 cards for this challenge, but I still just have way too much to do! Thanks for stopping by, have a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: