Thursday, February 6, 2014

PTI Anniversary Color and Sketch Recipe #1

Good evening fellow crafters! If this is your 3rd time stopping in today, THANK YOU! I truly appreciate you taking some time to check out my projects, especially since I don't post too often. But who would resist all the great things going on over at Papertrey Ink for their 7th Anniversary?!

While I promised myself this year that I would try to explore the products of other companies, I cannot stress enough how much I love Papertrey Ink! Their products are just amazing, the quality of the stamps is wonderful, I've never had any problems with them! And their Design Team is so amazingly talented, I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us this year!

For the 7th Anniversay, PTI is giving away $300 worth of their products based off of our Wishlist on their website. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! That is a TON of stuff! The challenge going on up until the 15th is to create a project using a Sketch Recipe AND a Color Recipe. This is what I chose for my first card:


Using the Ruby Reprise Stamp set, I created my card using a Kraft cardstock base. I am not a big, big fan of the Fine Linen color, so I snuck that in as a scalloped "border" along the side of my card. For my stripes, I used a stamp from the My Favorite Things Lollipop Additions Love Stamp set. I do not have the matching dies for the Ruby Stamp set, so I hand-cut my flowers and leaves, then adhered them to my card, popping up one of the flowers with dimensionals.



I love this card! Don't you just love Color and Sketch challenges? They take all the hard work out of creating for you, and all you need to do it sit back and create something wonderful! I absolutely love the color combo! Of course Kraft is my all-time FAVORITE go-to when it comes to most of my cards, but adding any type of red ink really makes it stand out.

Can't wait to try another combination, I have a feeling I won't be going to sleep any time soon! Thanks for stopping by, have a great night!

No comments: