Saturday, February 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

Good afternoon everyone! I am soooo excited that it is Saturday, this week felt like it went by soooooooooo slow! I came home from work last night at about 10:30pm and was greeted with my Papertrey Ink order for this month! I was so happy because I hadn't received any shipping confirmation email from Papertrey Ink yet, and my order hadn't shown up on the new website yet, so I was worried that it would be weeks before my order came in! I ordered on the 15th and it got here yesterday on the 24th, sooo glad it didn't take any longer!

I was disappointed because I completely forgot to order some DVD cases for the new Papertrey Ink packaging :( Owell, will have to remember for my next order! So, onto my card for todays blog hop over at Nichole's Capture the Moment website!


This month, it's all about being interactive! Show us how you take your cards to the next level, whether you have received your Movers & Shakers dies, or you're just inspired to create a pop up or swinging card without them. There are so many options for this theme, and we can't wait to see what you have to share!

I spent a good couple hours trying to think of how I wanted my interactive card to turn out. I also spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to use all these new dies. There are so many different ways to use them, I might be here in my craft room the entire weekend! So I finally decided on a Birthday rainbow card using this rainbow girl image from Pink Cat Studio. There digital images are so cute! I have so much fun printing them out, coloring them, and using them for cards, tags, and scrapbook layouts! I used the Movers & Shakers: Sliders die, the Movers & Shakers Sentiments Stamp set, and pattern paper from The Paper Studio Daydream Doodle Glitter Pack. I colored my image with Prismacolor Markers, cut it out, and added glitter to the little clouds. I also didn't realize that I would need pretty thick cardstock or coaster board to attach the little circles together to make everything move right, which I don't have! Instead of using the 2 tiny circles, I used a round foam dimensional to add thickness to the 2 larger circles so my image would move properly on the card. So, this is my outcome!











Not bad for my first try, I love the rainbow colors together! My girls are having so much fun watching her slide on the rainbow across the card! Whoever thought of this Die Cut set is a genius, kids will love these cards! I have to make Mickey Mouse Party Invitations for a friend and I am definitely using these dies!

Thanks for stopping by everyone, I am off to try out more techniques, have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is adorable! Great job with the challenge!

Sherrie M. said...

LOVE this card! What a great idea to use the girl on the rainbow.

The Paper Parade said...

This really IS adorable! Any little girl would go gaga over this! I need to find out who makes this stamp because it is just too cute :)

Suzanne said...

SO CUTE!!! I love that she looks like she's dancing on rainbows!

Kelly Braund said...

Super cute! Love how she's riding the rainbow!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun track, excellent.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a fun twirling girl. Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristii said...

What a cute card!! I love the happy feel and the interactive details are perfect!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Darling card. Love the image. perfect for the spinner. Love the great colors. Your card actually brought a smile to my lips scrolling through the stills of her spinning.