Saturday, February 11, 2012

Papertrey Ink Day 7 Contest

Hello everyone! Today over at Papertrey Ink, the contest is about VALENTINES! I am sooooo excited, I love me some Valentine Crafts, especially since my all time favorite (so far!) stamp sets are the Tiny and Tremendous Treats Valentines from PTI! They are great to work with and you can use them for sooooo many things! So today, over the next few posts, I will be showing you everything I have made so far this year for Valentines!

So, today's Papertrey Ink contest is:

In honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday and Melissa Bickford's new Heart-2-Heart stamp series, your challenge today is to create a project that incorporates hearts into it's design. They can be stamped hearts, die-cut hearts, felt hearts, glittered hearts, a heart border, or even hear shaped card base. Want to be inspired even further? Do a search on Pinterest or Google for hearts!

So for today, I am showing you a Valentines Card Set of 4 that I put together to give to my mom and sisters this year.











Again, these are standard size A2 cards, I got this idea from Andrea Walford, she has some amazing tutorials on her website! I used some patterned paper from the Target Dollar spot, added the "be my valentine" sentiment from Tremendous Treats, and used 2 out of the 3 hearts from PTI 3 heart die cut set. I embossed the larger heart and card base with dots, and put it all together. To keep the pattern paper on the card base with the embossed dots, I used sticky strip and just made sure to press down hard enough to get it to stick.

Good luck everyone, check out my other posts for today, going to do more than one entry, woohooo!

4 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I really like your cards! The embossed dot background with the single embossed dot heart is terrific!

Cibele Glazer said...

What a fabulous set!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic set of cards!

missy said...

The whole set looks so pretty!