Friday, February 10, 2012

Papertrey Ink Contest Day 6!

I sure lovvvee me some contests! It's Day 6 of the February stamping release countdown over at Papertrey Ink and that means another contest challenge! With of course another amazzzing prize! I sure I hope win at least one of the contests, surely keeping my fingers crossed! I don't own that many Papertrey Ink stamps sets, so this would be a great opportunity for me to add some goodies to my small treasured Papertrey Ink collection!

For today's challenge, we get to pick a sketch from these here and design a project. I chose Sketch #4 because it is a sketch that I would normally never think about trying. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. So this is my entry for todays contest, a "Just saying Hello" card and Bookmark set.











It is a standard A2 size card using Kraft cardstock. I used Stampin up ink colors chocolate chip, handsome hunter, bravo burgundy, and night of navy. I use Stampin Up ink pads for most of my inking, since I don't have any Papertrey Ink ink pads yet. They work great with Papertrey Ink stamps, ink perfectly every time. Anywho, used the Papertrey Ink All Booked Up Stamp set and stamped the book image several times in all colors except Chocolate chip. I used the "Just saying Hello" stamp from TPC Studio's Card Crafting Hello stamp set and stamped that in chocolate chip. For the inside of the card, I added and image and sentiment from the All Booked Up Stamp set as well. I added a burgundy banner die cut and some brown buttons, then put it all together! I repeated the stamping for the bookmark, adding an image from the stamp set and the letters "read" from the small alphabet die cut set from PTI.

I think this would be a perfect masculine card for a friend or husband, the colors are great together! Good luck to all the other entries and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your card and that bookmark is stunning!