Monday, July 9, 2012

Christmas in July!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend, I cannot wait for this week to be over! My sister and nieces are in town from Denver, I have not seen them in over 2 years! I took Thursday through Sunday off this week so the girls and I could spend some time with them. So today before I get started on all the important stuff, I decided to start on some Christmas cards.

My favorite stamp sets over at Papertrey Ink include all of the Tiny and Tremendous Treats series. I had not yet ordered the Tremendous Treats Christmas set, so I added that to my order this month. I was so excited when it came in the mail on Saturday! I absolutely love, more than anything, to craft for the holidays, especially Halloween and Christmas. (I do hope PTI comes out with a Tremendous treats Halloween this year!) I originally wanted to submit this to the challenge this week over at PTI, but the card just didn't turn out the way I wanted.











I am ashamed to say that I only own ONE, yes, only one...embossing folder, the Swiss Dots folder, and I already knew that it would be a challenge to stamp anything on all those raised dots. I do have 3 of the Sizzix Texturz Plate kits, and I decided to use the Snowflake plate from kit #5. I added a couple of pieces of cardstock amongst the Sizzix plates in order to try and get the image raised a bit more like the embossing folders. It worked, the snowflakes looked great! Until of course I decided to stamp a bunch of "snowflake" dots on them. Didn't look so great anymore :( But I stamped the cardstock anyway, using an almost dry White Stazon ink pad. I used the PTI limitless layers square dies and the Snowman from the Tremendous treats set. I clear embossed the snowman and the sentiment, colored in the snowman with my Prismacolor markers and added some glitter and rhinestone detail, then put it all together. So this is my entry this week!

I like the overall look of the card, but I might try and re-do it with a different stamping technique, you cannot really see the stamping detail among the embossed snowflakes. The dots stamped inside the debossed areas which was not supposed to happen! This was the first time I tried this technique, I need to get more embossing folders so I can try this again!

Have a great week everyone, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: