Have you seen this week's Make-It-Monday challenge over at PTI?! This week it is hosted by Erin Lincoln, and the challenge is so fun and creative! You have to download the PDF file, fill it out, then roll a die to determine how you will make your project! While this is definitely a challenge, I have to admit it is a very clever way to make a project, especially since we all get stumped sometimes!
So I downloaded and printed out the PDF file, then filled it out randomly. I immediately knew my biggest challenge for this week was going to be the color combos, only because I do not own any PTI cardstock or ink pads! I found most of my color combos from ideas over at the Just Dandy blog by Melissa Bickford. She always posts her color combos along with examples of her projects.
Okay, so my next challenge was to find a ROLLING DIE! Out of all the board games here in the house, NOT ONE had a die in it! So I had to do the old-fashioned pick a number out of a hat routine. I numbered 6 pieces of paper, folded them equally, and placed them into a hat to draw out my numbers. This is the outcome of my "rolling die":
Orientation: #3 Horizontal
Stamp Sets Image: #1 Year of Flowers Collection
Stamp Sets Sentiment/Supporting: #1 Fillable Frames Set 1
Color Combos: #5 Kraft-Summer Sunrise-Ripe Avocado-Orange Zest-Dark Chocolate
Embellishments: #3 Buttons
So the next biggest challenge? Finding cardstock, ink, and my button embellishments to match the colors of PTI as closely as possible! Kraft and Chocolate chip cardstock were easy, it was the other 3 that I was having a hard time on! I finally settled on Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie cardstock from Stampin' Up, and a yellow that I have no idea where it is from! The end result: A bunch of fall colors! I was genuinely happy with the combo, so then I had to figure out to incorporate fall colors with the Year of Flowers stamp set. Here is what I came up with:
Overall, I love the card! Except for the buttons. It kinda just looks like I threw them on there with no purpose whatsoever. But I cannot change the design of the layout, therefore, this is my final result! The yellow button is definitely brighter then the cardstock, but it was either that or a highlighter-bright yellow button.
I definitely am going to give this challenge another shot, it is fun! Thanks for stopping by!