Monday, July 2, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #73

Hello everyone, did you have a great weekend? I had to work on Saturday, so it didn't really feel like a weekend to me, but we at least got a lot taken care of here around the house yesterday. Today I have to be at work at 3pm, but I decided to sneak in a little project for this weeks Make It Monday Challenge! This week the video posted up is by Ashley Cannon Newell! The challenge is Stamping on Patterned paper, and this is my entry. I may do a few more during the week, stamping on patterned paper is a super easy way to make a card because you don't really have to worry about coloring in your images. I lifted this card idea from Amy Nemeth. I love the way outlined flowers look on patterned paper.














I used Kraft cardstock to make this simple 4"x4" mini Thank You card set. I embossed the front of each card with a polka dots embossing folder. My patterned paper is again from the Recollections Garden Florals paper pad (I love all the patterns, they match perfectly together!). I used the Pretty Peonies Stamp Set and the Pretty Peonies matching die set. I first die cut the leaves in a green pattern and the peonies in 3 different pink patterns. I stamped the outline images in black ink, and adhered the flowers on top of the leave die cuts. I added a small rhinestone in the middle of each flower and then added them to the cards with dimensionals. I used the banner die cut to make the sentiments.

I love the simplicity of small, mini notecard sets, they are so versatile and come in handy whenever you need to put together a last minute Thank card or gift. Thanks for stopping by, have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Alex , this is a very pretty CAS card. The flowers looks great on the printed paper.

Jacquie Southas said...

the flowers stamped on flowered paper look great!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

This is lovely. The flowers stamped on the patterned paper is beautiful...

Kim Heggins said...

Your flowers are just so beautiful and love how you paired them with the kraft and swiss dots. So adorable.

Amy Kolling said...

Wow! These flowers are gorgeous! Awesome use of this MIM!

Linda said...

What a pretty card. Great take on this challenge.

Anonymous said...

Love the two pattern papers that make up your flower.