Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mini Christmas Tinsel Cards/Gift Tags

Hello everyone! Just a quick post today to show you my mini christmas cards! I love how these came out, especially with the tinsel ribbon, so cute as mini note cards or gift tags!

I embossed each card with the Sizzix Texturz Kits #5 and #13. I used the Tiny Treats: Christmas Stamp set from Papertrey Ink and colored in each image with Prismacolor markers. I plan on selling these as sets, 18 cards to one set, and I am debating between $3 and $5 per set. What would you sell them for?

Anywho, I have 6 different sets colored. I have only finished putting together one, so still have 5 more to go!!! I also need to add the card insert and since the cards are so small (2 3/4 x 2 1/8), I am not going to stamp anything inside them.



















I also made these christmas gift tags. I used the same stamp set and stamped 36 images (18 red, 18 green) on 4 pieces of white cardstock (each page fits 9 images nicely). I used Stampin' Ups Classic stamping pads in Real Red and Garden Green.



Then I stamped each image twice (one on the green image and one on the red). I finished with 2 gift tags sets with 18 tags in each set. I would have preferred to color the images with my prismacolor markers, but because they are alcohol based, they do bleed through the cardstock. So I used colored pencils instead that way I could stamp To: From: on the back of each tag. I finished off with some 1/8" ribbon for tying and I used 9 green and 9 red tags for each set.





Next I am moving on to finish up my regular sized christmas cards. I cut out these card bases for same standard size cards and added some fun christmas patterned paper that I had leftover from the last 2 years.



I just need to add the embellishment and stamps to each one now. I won this awesome set of Holiday stamps from Inkadinkadoo (12 sets in total) off of Ebay for only $15.00 last week, and they came in the mail yesterday!



So the girls and I are going to spend the rest of the evening making cards with these awesome sets! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: