Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Thanksgiving Card

Good evening fellow crafters! Man, oh man, I just spent the last hour working furiously trying to finish this card to add to Papertrey Ink's September Blog hop and I just missed it! The collection for links to be added just barely closed. There were so many wonderful and creative projects submitted this month, so many different blogs to browse now before heading off to bed! I am so happy to know that there are so many amazing crafters out there!

Although I didn't get to submit my second card in time for the blog hop this month, I wanted to share my card with you anyway. I used Papertrey Ink's Nuts for You Stamp set to create my wreath. I die-cut the leaf several times and then colored them in with my Prismacolor Markers in Light Umber, Dark Olive Green, Raspberry, and Burnt Ochre. I used Light Umber, Cinnamon Toast, and Walnut to color in my little Squirrel. I wasn't sure I wanted to add the squirrel to the card, I thought it might cover up too much of the wreath, but I think it turned out okay.



I also used the Mat stack #5 dies and some patterned paper that I found in the Dollar Spot at Target a year or two ago. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set, again there is no name on this stamp set, but the number is CL498 and contains a bunch of different holiday sentiments. I am going to head off to bed now, browse some more projects on my tablet before actually going to sleep! I have jury duty tomorrow morning, but I also have the day off and cannot wait to relax! Have a great night, thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so sweet! I love the squirrel on the pile of leaves!