Sunday, September 9, 2012

PTI Make it Monday #81

Good evening fellow crafters! Hope you all have had a wonderful, fantastic weekend! I worked yesterday (Saturday) and was so exhausted when I got home, I ended up going to bed at 8:30pm. I woke up at 6:00am, had some coffee, browsed the blogs, then spent a few hours tidying up my craft room. I was surprised that not too many people entered this weeks Make It Monday Challenge over at Nichole's blog.

I have to admit that I wasn't really interested in participating this week. I have tried to work with polymer clay before. Remember that show Crafters Coast to Coast? I loved watching that show every week. I went out and bought tons of Sculpey and Fimo clay 5 or 6 years ago after seeing someone make polymer clay beads on that show. I figured, hey if they could do it so could I. Well, to my surprise, it was a lot harder than I thought to make the damn little beads, so needless to say, I gave up. And the clay has been sitting unused since then. This is what my polymer clay/candle making supply drawer looks like today:



I thought for sure this stuff would be hard as a rock by now. But it is all actually STILL GOOD! Can you believe it? Years and years have passed and this crap is still moldable! So now I was pretty excited that I could once again participate in another Make it Monday Challenge. Woohoo! So I took out all my supplies, including the polymer clay in Halloween colors: orange, purple, and green. I rolled them out to a size 3 on my pasta machine (yep, I even wasted money on this thing, and today was probably the 3rd time I've ever used it!). I wanted the clay to be thin enough that they would not weigh down my card, and also to all be the same size. I used the Happy Haunting Ghost die to cut out my little ghosts and then baked them according to the package.









I don't have Black Stazon inkpads, so I stamped using Black dye ink and then went over that ink with a sharpie so the faces would not smear. I adhered the little guys to my card using red sticky strip. I am no too sure where the patterned paper is from, it was left over scrap from Halloween last year. The Happy Halloween was stamped from Inkadinkado's Cats and Bats stamp set. I fell in love with this card by valerie, she created it for the Mr. Bones Halloween Spook Out, so here is my version of her card:






My little girls were so excited that I was playing with "play dough" that they wanted to desperately help make something. We came across this video on Youtube and made these little pumpkin cuties:



They are already talking about making more things tomorrow after school. I have to admit, I am excited this time to try a few more things out with the polymer clay. I guess I just need some practice! Sorry for the long entry, thanks for stopping by, have a great week!

No comments: