Monday, August 6, 2012

PTI Make it Monday #77

Good morning and Happy Monday! I had a very nice, relaxing 4 day weekend with the family, and it actually did not go by as fast as it usually does! But today I must return to reality and the real world and get back to work! But first, I wanted to participate in yet another challenge over at Papertrey Ink, and this week Dawn McVey shows us how to use our ink pads as watercolor paints.

I used Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers Collection stamp set for the images and the Pretty Peonies stamp set for the sentiments. I used Stampin' Up classic ink pads in Blush Blossom, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery for my "watercolors". I used the Limitless Layers Oval die collection and stamped the images in Pigment black ink so that I could clear emboss them before I began to color in the images. I also used the double-ended banner die. The patterned paper is from Recollections Garden Florals paper pad.




I tried to "mix" the colors together like Dawn did in her video. You can see the gradient coloring better in the orange card. I like the way both cards came out. I love making cards together as sets! I think I will make a few more cards in other colors to add to this set for Etsy.








Well, I'm off to the post office before I start getting ready for work. I hope everyone has a great week and I can't wait to see everyone else's take on the challenge this week. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

These are so beautiful! Love your take on this challenge! :)

Sincerely, Ree said...

You're flowers turned out beautifully with this technique. Your cards are beautiful!

Linda said...

Very pretty Alex. Congratulations on the shout out from Nicole....

Ginger Claire said...

So pretty xx

andie smith. said...

Very pretty! I so want all of the YOF flowers now that I learned this technique! (I'm intimidated by copics) :)