Tuesday, August 7, 2012

PTI Make it Monday #77 Card#2

Good evening fellow crafters, can you believe tomorrow is already Wednesday?! I am losing track of time at how fast the days seem to be going by. It seems like just yesterday that my girls were on their last day of school, and now they only have 3 weeks left before another school year starts :( I feel like we haven't really done too much, this year in general just flew by!

Anywho, before I head off to bed, I wanted to share my second attempt at this weeks Make it Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink.

I've seen this technique floating around the last few weeks. I followed Dawn's video tutorial here. She makes it super easy to follow the directions and assemble the card.

So I layered up my cardstock and stamped again using the Year of Flowers Collection stamp set from PTI, and used my Stampin' Up inkpads in Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Old Olive as my "watercolors".




I love the overall look of the card. I was disappointed once the card dried because I noticed the ink I used (Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip) started to blend in with the wet inks. So the "flower" started disappearing in areas. I should have done what I did on my first card entry this week, and used black pigment ink and then clear embossed it all so the ink would not smudge. Well you live and you learn! I was going to do 2 cards for another set, so I stamped two different flowers, but after the first one dried I didn't finish the 2nd.




I need to play around with this card a bit more to see what else I can come up with! Thanks for stopping by, good night!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

This card turned out so awesome! Thanks for sharing!