Saturday, August 4, 2012

PTI Make it Monday #76 - Second try!

Hello fellow crafters, I sure hope you are all having a great weekend so far and are getting lots and lots of time to yourselves for crafting! I worked 10 days in a row so I could have myself a 4 day weekend for the youngest daughter's 6th birthday! It's amazing how fast time goes by! She is often here next to me when I'm in my craft room, she will not let me throw away ANY scraps, she hoards them all because she just KNOWS she will have a use for them one day! Her older sister and I made her a Tangled birthday banner and she worked on her birthday card early in the morning.





Here is the birthday girl with her sister and the birthday cake yesterday:



So after the mini birthday celebration I decided to give this weeks Make It Monday challenge another go. I wanted to try the bleach stamping this time with some rubber stamps instead of the clear stamps to see if the image would come up a little better. I like this card a whole lot more than the first attempt. I was browsing through Lisa Johnson's website and she did the bleaching technique back in January. I loved her "I love You" card here and wanted to do something similar with the teal and the red.

I used 2 rubber stamps that I found earlier this February in the Michaels $1 bin. I used the Heart-2-Heart #3 stamp set from Papertrey Ink and some Martha Stewart twine. I stamped the heart image onto some teal cardstock with the bleach, then went back and added a few red heart accents. I really love the teal, red, and kraft together.







I'm going to take a little break from crafting right now, my craft space is a total disaster right now. Usually now matter how messy it is, I can still find everything I need. But the past few days the girls and I have been doing some crafting and now everything is just everywhere! Time for a cleanup! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Alex, as one who can't get enough hearts, I love, love your card! Great job with the challenge.

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job with those hearts. I love your color combo.