Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I know, I'm a week late, but hey, I've been busy! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and a very Happy New Year!

I was on vacation for 10 days and went back to work this past Monday. I can say I didn't miss the place much, but hey, I still gotta support my own crafting habits, (clears throat) Sorry, I mean family. :)

Good thing is I still have to work 3-10pm, so while the girls are at school, I can spend as much time as I want in my craft space! I've been asked to help make Valentine's Candy Grams for my girls school. I thought it would be so much fun to do, I didn't even realize what exactly I had agreed to until it dawned on me that I would be making well over 300 different kinds of candy grams. I must be crazy. Any ideas?!

Oh yea! Remember that Inkadinkadoo contest through Scrapbooks Etc! that mentioned I had won here? Well, my prizes finally arrived about a month ago! I got the prize in 2 shipments, and man on man is there a lot of stuff! I have absolutely no space for it all! I received so many ink pads, its crazy! I have tried a few of them out, and unfortunately some of the ink pads that I tried actually fell apart :( But they are still usable, and once I invest in some proper storage for everything, I will be able to test out more products. Unfortunately, right now, this is how everything is stored!



Oh and don't forget-Winter Sims is having another St. Judes card drive for Valentines Day. We have the entire month of January to send cards out to her so she can mail them out on time to the hospital. You can find the complete details here on her blog.

On to another note, the daughter of a dear friend of mine [who tried for years and years and years to have a baby, was on the brink of adoption, and finally became pregnant last year, she's over 35 years old, we'll leave it at that :)] had her 1st birthday yesterday! There won't be a celebration until the weekend, but I made her a little card and a bracelet as well. I think it's the tiniest bracelet I've ever made!





I used Kraft Cardstock and patterned paper from American Crafts (The Goods Fleece Collections, a couple years old). The tickets are from EK Success, the Happy Birthday Stamp is from TPC Studioand stamped in Orchid Opulence from Stampin' Up!, the image stamp is from CardCraft and colored in using PrismaColor Markers, and the rub-on quote inside the card is from DCWV Girl Rub-On Quote Stack. Bracelet is made from various 4mm bicone Swarovski crystals and 0.925 sterling silver jewelry components.

Anywho, this is the first of two posts today, I took a break from the Paper Variety Challenges for a while since the holidays were just too busy, but I did put together a layout for this weeks challenge, scroll up to see more!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: