Friday, January 14, 2011

More Valentine's Mini Cards

Hello again :) Are you ready for the weekend?! I sure am, I do work tomorrow, but at least I get out at 6pm instead of 10pm! Just finished up another 5 sets of Mini 3x3 Valentines cards for the candy grams!

There are a total of 16 cards per set. I made a total of 80 mini cards for this lot, and I have to admit, I wasn't too sure how they would come out since they are just primary colors, but I do like the outcome. I wanted to make sure to include some cards that are not as girly as traditional Valentines colors of pinks and reds. I used the Tiny Treats: Valentines Stamp set again from Papertrey Ink. I just can't get enough of these cute little stamps!

Once again, gathered all my supplies and cut all my paper beforehand. Each card is 3x3", the colored cardstock is 2x2" and the white cardstock mat is 1­¾ x 1¾". I stamped the bottom of each card using the polka dot stamp from TPC Studios Patterned Borders Stamp set. I used Stampin' Up Classic ink pads in Summer Sun, Only Orange, Glorious Green, Brocade Blue, and Real Red.



I adhered the white cardstock mat to the colored cardstock mat using TomboMono Adhesive and then stamped each image and saying in Inkadinkadoo's Black dye ink.



Here is one of the complete sets together. Each set is colored a little different but they all turned out pretty much the same! The idea for these little cards came from Amy Wanford here. She mixed the colors more than I did though, but they were really cute cards, I just had to make them!



This time instead of stamping the saying inside the card, I just stamped it on the front with the image so it wouldn't look so plain.









Is my desk the only one that looks like this? It's a miracle that I am still able to find things when I need them!



Next up I am making lollipop and pencil holders, as well as bag toppers. I am also thinking about making some Valentines Bookmarks as well, but I am not too sure yet. Anywho, have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Merlie said...

Wow! Look at you go...they are great!! I love PTI too. Thanks for the sweet comment and becoming a follower.

MadeByKarla said...

Hi Alex,
Your table looks busy! Love the cards, they're so cute. I just discovered your blog but I love visiting you so I've passed on a magical blog award to you. Get it here http://madebykarla10.blogspot.com/2011/01/yay.html

:)
Karla

Sparkly Pink Star said...

wow these are awesome! :)