Friday, October 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hog

Good morning fellow crafters! Happy Friday! I hope you have all had a fantastic week and are ready for the weekend! I know I definitely am! The last few weeks have been a busy blur, heck, the last month has just disappeared! Halloween is already next week! There is only 5 weeks until Thanksgiving and 9 weeks until Christmas, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Last Friday, the kids school had their Fall Carnival and they allowed a few vendors to set up a table to sell their handmade items. The fair only lasted 2 hours but I am glad that I did it, it was a lot of fun! I made a few goodies along with some handmade cards. My mom and my girls helped me out which was great, the turnout was awesome and we sold a lot. I love doing the little craft fairs like this because we end up making more profit that we do if we were to go to a craft fair at the mall or somewhere else bigger. To see photos of the fair and some of the items I made, scroll down to the bottom of the post!

Before I show you pictures of the fair from last week, I wanted to share with you the Christmas Tags I made for this months Blog Hop over for Papertrey Ink. There are already sooo many wonderful tags posted up, I love all the ideas everyone came up with. Tags are such a great project, they are easy to create and add a wonderful touch to gifts and homemade goodies. I made my tags with Kraft cardstock, and embossed the background with the Hero Arts Snowflakes and Edges Cling Stamp. I used Stampin' Up's Real Red and Old Olive Cardstock and Ink, along with Papertrey Ink's 2013 Holiday Tags Stamp Set. I love this stamp set! I made 8 tags, one for each of the images included in the set.




I can't wait to make more tags and possibly cards using this stamp set, especially using different, more non-traditional colors like Dawn McVey did in the release earlier this month!

As promised, here are some photos from the fair. This was our table, and of course my little helpers. They did a great job helping out all the "customers" look at all the goodies and helped pass out candy.



I made Teacher Cards, as well as a few Birthday and Thank You cards. I also had some Halloween, Fall, and Christmas Cards. We made bookmarks and pencil kits as well. You can also see we made some bracelets and earrings.



Here are M&M Candy Sticks made using White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's. To make the tags, I used PTI Trick or Treat Stamp set and the candy corn image from Tremendous Treats: Halloween stamp set. There is also the Hershey's Nugget Chocolate packs which each hold 4 kinds of Hershey's Nuggets. I find these sell a lot better than the Hershey Nugget Tins. I made the tags for these from the Nuts for You stamp set and the Mr. Bones Stamp set.


Aren't these Hand Sanitizer holders adorable? I followed Just Julie B's tutorial here on how to make these and added a few of my own special touches to these. I can't wait to make these for Christmas as little gifts!


These Pumpkin Poop treats were a huge hit and we sold old fast. I wish I had made more! The Pumpkin from the Polka Dot Parade #8 stamp set was a perfect little addition to this popular poem!


These didn't sell too well, maybe since the kids were already getting free candy everywhere else at the fair, but I did sell a few. I made these using Stampin' Up's Top Note die, along with their Batty for You Stamp set. I used the PTI Trick or Treat Stamp set again for the sentiment.


Thanks for much for stopping by and checking out all of my projects. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, I am going to go and do some more blog browsing to see some more wonderful tag projects! Have a great day!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome tags, the chevron background makes everything pop!

fun pics of your craft fair!

Sadie said...

All your tags/projects are so nice! Love all the cute ideas. You sure have been busy!

Diana K said...

Love all of your tags and packages! So beautifully stamped too.

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, I love your tags and the background stamp is awesome. I'm so glad your craft sale went so well. You made some really good things and have given me lots of ideas so thanks for sharing.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great tags -- very fun goodie holders too!

BethieJ said...

WONDERFUL Tags.. and I LOVED all your craft fair photos.. you made some CUTE goodies!
Have a GREAT day!

Carolanne said...

The colors on your tags just pop! LOVE the background of them. Really cute. PLUS the tags with the pumpkins...adorable!

Tanya Boser said...

Love the chevrons on the background of your tags! And it was fun to see your craft fair table :)

Unknown said...

Your tags are terrific! The craft fair looked awesome and everything you made looked fabulous!

Rhonda said...

You have been a busy lady. Great projects.

Tracey McNeely said...

An incredible collection of tags and goodies! I am super impressed with your presentation. I am also really looking forward to those tag stamps arriving in my mailbox

craftmates said...

Great tags. The chevron stamp is the perfect touch- Irma

Joni Andaya said...

Wow...you're on a roll! Beautiful tags. Love them!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful tags! Love the stampwed kraft backgrounds!

Nancy Penir said...

Alex, I love your shared photos of the fair! What a labor of love! Tags and projects over the top wonderful! So many great ideas here!