Saturday, October 5, 2013

Make it Monday #134 Card Set #2

Hello fellow crafters, how are you doing today? Were you able to get in some crafting time for World Card Making Day 2013? I finished my cards today a little late, but I still was able to get some "me time" in after running errands with the family. I really wanted to enjoy having the day off today from work but there was so much to do! Unfortunately, I work for the next 11 days straight!

I wanted to try and make another card for this weeks Make it Monday challenge for Papertrey Ink. As most of you already know, Nichole has shown us how to make her "repeat + lift" card, and you can find her video as well as a place for you to link up your project here.

I had not used my Wonderful Words: Joy stamp set yet, and after seeing so many different cards being made with it, I decided it was time to open it up and see what I could do. I was inspired by this card from Jennifer Rzasa as well as this card from Dawn McVey.


I used a Kraft cardstock base along with Stampin' Up Cherry Cobler cardstock. I used Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words: Joy and Boutique Borders: Birthday stamp sets. I embossed the Cherry Cobler cardstock with clear embossing powder after stamping it with Hero Arts Snowflakes and Edges Cling stamp. I used Cherry Cobler, Primrose Petals, and Early Espresso Inks for my stamp colors. I embossed the Joy die-cut with some Pearlescent Embossing Powder from Inkadinkado to make it pop a little, then put everything together. The inside of each card reads "May all your Holiday wishes come true", a sentiment from the Hero Arts Joy to All stamp set.





I love the look of the Kraft and Cherry Cobler together, I am really pleased with how the cards came out. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, I am heading off to bed now, good night!

1 comment:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet and gorgeous! Thanks for stoping by my blog to say HELLO! : )