Saturday, October 26, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #137

Good morning fellow crafters! It is a beautiful Saturday morning here in Texas! My girls and I are spending a few hours here in my craft room catching up on episodes of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and making as many crafts as we can before we have to start running errands and cleaning up house!

When I saw this weeks Make it Monday Challenge over on Nichole Heady's blog, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to join in. I do not have to many Fall/Autumn themed stamp sets. I had to go through all my supplies, including all my Cricut cartridges, to try and find something with leaves that would work with this challenge. I didn't find anything I liked so I thought I might just skip the challenge altogether. I ran out of Stamp Cleaner and had to make a last minute trip to Michaels the other day and happened to find the perfect Leaf Stamp in the Dollar Stamp bin. Well, they used to be $1.00 stamps, they are $1.50 now :) Anywho, I love this little leaf stamp, it has a lot of detail for a cheap little stamp! Here is my card for this weeks challenge.




Again, I used the Papertrey Ink Nuts for You stamp set. I just can't get enough of this little Squirrel, he is just too cute. I stamped the leaf image 5 times in Stampin' Up ink colors Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cherry Cobler, and Chocolate Chip. I don't have any Glossy Accents, so I used some Pearlescent Embossing Powder on top of the leaves to make them sparkle a bit and then cut them out. I arranged them in a wreath pattern and then placed my little Squirrel on top. I stamped the background of my card base with Soft Suede ink using an image from Inkadinkado's Fall Season Stamp set. The "Thankful" sentiment is from Fiskars "So Much Thanks" Stamp Set.

I am happy with the way the card came together. It didn't take too much time so I know I can whip up a few more of these fairly quickly. I even used this stamp set to make a quick set of Thankful tags.


So the girls and I are going to start cleaning up a bit in here and start picking up around the house. We need to go Costume shopping for my oldest daughter. I had ordered her Halloween Costume online weeks ago and it was supposed to arrive this past Monday. When it didn't arrive by Wednesday I had to call them up to find out what was going on, and it turns out her costume was on backorder and nobody bothered to call me or email me to let me know what was going on! She is pretty upset because she had her heart set on one costume and now I am not too sure if we will be able to find it locally. Wish me luck! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!