Saturday, November 30, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #142

Good evening fellow crafters! Can you believe it?! Tomorrow is DECEMBER 1ST! How was your Thanksgiving? Are you tired of eating turkey yet? I'm not, in fact, I wish I had MORE turkey! My sister made the turkey this year, and I was given a little to take home, but I sure wish I had decided to make my own this year too just so that I could have some to make other yummy recipes! Did anybody get sucked in to the Black Friday Madness? I usually venture out to a few stores, but this year I decided to just stay home. There were way to many stores open early on Thanksgiving day this year, it really cuts in to family time! I did do a little Online shopping, but I am going to wait for Monday to see if anything else catches my eye that is worth splurging on.

I wanted to share with you my Kraft Paper Bag project for this week's Make it Monday Challenge for Papertrey Ink. The challenge is to decorate a Kraft paper bag. Few people posted earlier in the week, I suspect because everyone was getting ready for Thanksgiving, and I didn't think I would have time to participate either, but with the weekend almost over and now everything nice and calm, I found some time to make this adorable Gift Bag.






I cannot even begin to describe how much I LOVE this bag! It is so cute! I don't even want to use it for a gift bag, I just want to display it somewhere in my craft room! And now I just want to make a whole bunch more! HeeHee :) I started with a regular size Kraft lunch bag, and I used the Limitless Layers Square dies to cut the "window" in the bag, first cutting one square, and then moving it up a smidge to make the window a little bigger. I used some Paper Studio Snowflake patterned paper I had laying around for the background, and added some white cardstock to make the snowy hills. I added some glitter to add some sparkle. I used Papertrey Ink's Polka Dot Parade #9 for the Christmas Tree, and the Hello Foxy Stamp Set for the Fox. I also used the Fancy Flakes die set to cut the snowflake out of Silver Glitter Paper. The Happy Holiday Sentiment is from the Boutique Borders: Christmas Stamp Set. I added some acetate to my window and then added some red/white twine to the top of the bag to finish is all off. I was inspired to make this bag after seeing this super cute bag here and I wanted to make something just like it. Mine didn't come out nearly as good as Yainea's did, but I still love it!

Thank you for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend! And Happy December!

2 comments:

A Crafty Person said...

Great bag! I love the window with Foxy sitting pretty near by. Definitely a bag design I will remember.

Kristii said...

What a cute little bag!! Love the little window and the fox is as cute as can be!!