Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #141

Good evening fellow crafters! How are you doing? I hope you all have a great start to your week. Can you believe next week is already THANKSGIVING?! I've said it so many times, and I still cannot grasp just how fast the year has gone. One of my older sister's is going to be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, and I just cannot wait for some much needed family time with everyone!

I didn't think I would have much time to post any more projects any time soon, but I did have a chance to make a couple of cards for another Papertrey Ink Make it Monday. This week, Heather Nichols shows us how to add glitter using Heat and Stick embossing embossing powder.






I used my favorite Kraft cardstock for the card base. My ink colors are Stampin' Up's Indigo Island, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake. My scalloped borders are also Island Indigo cardstock. I used Inkadinkado's Snowflakes A-plenty stamp set and Papertrey Ink's Boutique Borders: Christmas Stamp set. Rather than add glitter to the entire card, I only stamped back over the snowflakes with the Versamark and heat set the glitter back onto just the snowflakes. I didn't want to add too much glitter to the card, I just wanted a very subtle, glittery affect. I added some rhinestones to the snowflakes as well. Overall, I love the way the card came out.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great night!

6 comments:

StephH said...

Your card and snowflakes are just beautiful! Just the right amount of glitter! Happy Thanksgiving!

DIANA L. said...

beautiful card, great job with the glitter.

Carolanne said...

Your glittered snowflakes are perfect. Beautiful card!

Marybeth said...

Love the way your snowflakes came out! Simply beautiful!

Greta said...

Love your snowflakes & the scalloped border--great card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your holiday card has so much fun details, wonderful work!