Sunday, February 10, 2013

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Sketch Challenge

Good evening fellow crafters, how was your weekend? I hope everyone had a great one! I unfortunately had to work both Saturday and Sunday, which took away a lot of family time for this week, but I do have Wednesday off so I am definitely looking forward to it! Papertrey Ink is still in the middle of all their Anniversary celebrations, including several contests while still showcasing all the projects the DT has created for this month's release. It looks like they are going to have some awesome new products, I cannot wait until the 15th!

Today the challenge is to create a project using one of the 5 sketches that Nichole has created. I needed to make some 2 Valentine's Day cards for my daughters, one who will be 9 this month on the 17th (man, how time flies by!) and another for my 6 year old. I didn't want to do anything too childish for my almost-9 year old, and I wanted to do something with a lot of color.

I chose this sketch to start my card:



This is the card I created to give to my oldest daughter this year for Valentine's Day:







Using Papertrey Ink's Super Stars Border die collection, I cut out 1 strip each of stars in red, orange, yellow, blue, and green. I used some glue to adhere them to my card the same way as the sketch. I used the Tremendous Treats Valentine stamp set along with the matching dies to cut out and stamp the paper and pencil image. I used my Prismacolor markers in the same colors to color in the images. I wanted the images to stand out against the stars on the front of the card, so I outlined each one with black marker, and adhered them to the card as well. The sentiment is from the Tiny Treats Valentine Stamp set. I used black cardstock for my card base. For the inside of the card, I used the "be my valentine" stamp for the sentiment, and then stamped the little hearts in matching colors.

I have to say I really, really, really love this card! I love all the color with the black card base, I cannot wait to give this one to my daughter! Thanks for stopping by, have a great night!

No comments: