Monday, February 11, 2013

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Color Inspiration Challenge

Good evening fellow crafters! I hope you all had a great day! The girls and I came home, they did their homework while I started dinner, and as dinner is cooking, I was able to put together a card for the challenge today over at Papertrey Ink! Today the challenge is to create a project using one of 6 Color Inspiration combos! Matching colors together on any kind of project is usually what I struggle with the most, so I love it when someone comes up with such great color combos!

For my card today, I chose this color combo:



Now, as I do not have any of Papertrey Ink's awesome ink pads yet, I had to match the colors as close as I possibly could using Stampin' Up's Ink pads instead. I chose to use some Ivory cardstock for my card base, then added some White and Kraft cardstock to that. The ink pads that I used are Ruby Red, Regal Rose, River Rock, and Crumb cake.

I



I used Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Butterflies Stamp set, as well as the Fillable Frames Additions #1 stamp set. For the smaller stamped details, I used images from PTI's Happy Harlequin, Framed Out #3 and Framed Out #6. I used Hero Arts Happy Mom's stamp set for the sentiments. Inside of card reads "Thinking of you especially today and wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!". I had seen this card design somewhere on Pinterest, but I cannot for the life of me remember where it is from or who created it. If anybody knows, please let me know so I can give credit where it is needed, it was made using the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set and also had a Mother's Day sentiment. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a fantastic night!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

This is a wonderful layout...and I like that you used the lighter color for the background, it really makes the butterflies pop out!

Linda said...

This is such a pretty card, of course love those butterflies.

Marybeth said...

This was my favorite color choice but I was missing a color. Your butterfly card is beautiful! Great job!

Sandra H said...

Oh this is just so beautiful simple but Elegant x