Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday!

It is Fat Tuesday right? Or am I just making up days now? Oh who knows. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great start to their week! My Mikayla came down with a bug that seems to be catching on to all the kids here in the city, had to keep her home yesterday and as a result I ended up having to call in to work. Monday's at the pharmacy are the busiest, craziest days of the week and I know they are prolly mad at me for calling in but hey, my kids are more important, sorry!

So the last few days I have been able to craft a little, I missed it for a couple weeks after Valentines and I finally got my craft mood back! So I wanted to share with you this project I am working on that I absolutely love!

Using the Bigs L Candy Wrapper die from Stampin' Up! and the Tiny Treats: Birthday stamp set from Papertry ink, I put together these Birthday Candy favor Boxes! Aren't they so cute?! I love this new stamp set, it came out last month, and is now th 4th Tiny Treat stamp set that Papertrey ink offers! I am wishing and hoping and praying that Nicole Heady or one of the other ladies on the PTI Design Team come up with a Tiny Treats: Baby stamp set next! I would love to have something like that for Baby shower favors and cards! Ahhh, I am babbling and getting ahead of myself, on to the project!
















Using the big shot, I die cut the candy wrapper 50 times on primary color cardstock. I am making 5 sets of 10 favors here. I have 2 colors each of yellow, red, blue, green, and orange in each set. Using the 2" circle punch and the Tiny Treats: Birthday stamp set, I used 10 different images and stamped them onto the punched circles. I colored each image in using my Prismacolor markers. I also stamped a Star/Confetti pattern using coordinating colors onto each wrapper using Inkadinkadoo's Birthday Fun Stamp set. To close the candy wrappers, I used my glue gun. However, I quickly figured out that when it comes to scoring all the lines and putting the candy wrappers together, the glue does not bend well with the score lines. So my next set I am definitely going to stick with red line sticky tape!

I love that you can fill each box with candy, these are the cutest favors I have ever made, I absolutely love this Bigz Die, its a bit pricey, but its worth it, so much fun to work with!!!!

Going to get lunch and dinner started and get ready for work! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: