Friday, June 6, 2014

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #167

Good afternoon fellow bloggers! It's been a little over 2 months since my last blog post, I can't believe I've waited so long to post a project on here! With school winding down in just a few days, the last few months have been such a blur. Last minute school projects, school performances, field trips, and awards assemblies have kept my mind on everything except crafting! I can say that I definitely missed it!

I wanted to participate in this weeks Make it Monday challenge for Papertrey Ink because the challenge is a little bit different than usual. The challenge is DIY notebooks with Erin Lincoln. She makes the whole process look so simple, I couldn't wait to try this out and make some little notebook of my own! Since school is ending next week on Tuesday, I've been wanting to put together a little "Thank you" gift for my kids teachers. I though little school notebooks would be a great addition to the gift.







I cut each "sheet" for my notebook at 4¼" x 2¾" using 5 primary colors. I used Kraft cardstock for the outside of my notebook. The stamps sets I chose to use are Papertrey Ink's Clip Tips, Monthly Moments: May, and Back to School. I used Scor-tape the same way Erin does in the tutorial to put everything together. The notebook came together quickly, which is nice to know if I want to make a bunch more of these. What a great idea for a craft fair item also!

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully it won't be too long again before I am able to get crafty and post another project. Hope you all enjoy the beginning of your summer!

3 comments:

Birgit said...

Very cute gift for a teacher!! Love the use of primary colors.

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous notebooks - any teacher will love these!

Linda said...

Alex, have wondered why you hadn't posted recently and glad to hear it was because you have just been busy. This is an awesome notebook. Perfect for the teachers.