Saturday, December 21, 2013

Classroom Christmas Favors

Good evening fellow crafters, how are you doing? Are you enjoying the first day of winter? It has been windy all day today, which makes our 42 degree weather seem even colder. We are not used to this type of weather, we hardly ever get snow here and if we do, it usually only lasts about a day or two!

The girls are enjoying the start of their winder vacation, and are definitely excited for Christmas. Although, I have to admit it really doesn't feel like Christmas time. I still have a ton of presents to wrap and need to get some things prepared for our families Christmas Eve get-together. Sadly, this year I was chosen to work on Christmas day. We spent Christmas last year at Disneyland, and although it truly was an amazing experience, we did not have a Christmas tree or any family gatherings, so I was really looking forward to it this year. But since I work, I just can't bring myself to get into the Christmas spirit! I sure do miss Disneyland though, isn't Cinderella's Castle beautiful during Christmas time?


Anywho, at the beginning of the month, I let you all know that my poor Big Shot had broke on me and I was anxiously awaiting for new Big Shot to come in. Well, it did come in a few weeks ago, I wasn't too sure how I was going to feel about it because the cheapest I could find one was through overstock.com and all they have is the teal Big Shot. Well, let me just tell you I love it! The design is so creative and I think it definitely is more fun to use then the plain ol' black Big Shot. So I used it to make the girls Christmas favors for their classrooms. I had limited time and I wanted to make something super easy and fast for both of them.

I have seen this idea several times through pinterest, and my 7 year old loved the idea of the Candy Cane reindeer, so I used Stampin' Up's Two Tag die to make these for her classroom:



For my 9 year old, she wanted something simple and nothing to "childish". This made me a little sad, I will admit. But we did decide to make S'more Favor bags, and I used Stampin' Up's Top Note die to make the topper, along with their Glitter paper and Papertrey Ink's Fancy Flakes dies to cut out the Snowflakes. I used Papertrey Ink's 2013 Holiday tags as well.



I made the S'more's favors late at night and didn't get a good picture of them all together, but I made 18 bags of those. I didn't do too many Christmas cards or favors this year, but I do have to admit I am ready to move on to Valentine Projects. Can't wait for my Papertrey Ink order to come in, did you see all the wonderful Valentine's Products they released this month?!

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: