Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop

Good evening fellow crafters! I hope you are all enjoying your week so far! Just a quick post tonight to share what I have put together for Papertrey Ink's September Blog hop! This month's challenge is all about "wrapping it up". Nichole has challenged us to incorporate fabric and felt into our projects.

My September order from PTI yesterday after an excruciatingly long 9 day wait! I was so excited to finally get my order, I have wanted a Pillow box die for the longest time! I love having one now, it's perfect for any occasion and I just love that you can fit a gift card inside! I do not have any felt, so I opted to use some metallic fabric ribbon instead to put together a set of 2 pillow gift boxes.

I used Kraft cardstock to cut out the 2 pillow boxes. I wrapped the 2 boxes with the metallic fabric ribbon using sticky strip. I used the Limitless Layers Oval die collection with some maroon and cream cardstock. I used the Christmas tree stamp from Inkadinkado's Artistic Holiday stamp set and embossed that image onto the cream cardstock with Gold embossing powder. I didn't want the Christmas tree image, just the pattern of the tree itself, and I was able to fit it perfectly onto the cardstock. I used the "Sending Holiday joy" sentiment from Framed Out #8 and stamped that in gold ink from Inkadinkado's Rainbow Treasure pigment ink pad.





I cannot wait to make more of these little boxes to give out for Halloween and Christmas! I also was very excited to receive the Santa Stationary stamp set. Whoever came up with this stamp set is a genius! I love it! I just have to keep it away from the kids though, they aren't allowed to see it! I made a small "Letter from Santa" card.









I got my ideas for placement of the stamps on this card and envelope from both Nichole Heady and Maile Belles.

The holidays are fast approaching, I really hope I get to make lots more goodies with all my Halloween and Christmas stamp sets! Thanks for stopping by, good night!

4 comments:

Martha said...

You've decorated the pillow boxes so beautifully! Pretty ribbon. Love the sweet Santa cards and stationary.

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful embossing! Just love how your sweet boxes came out.

Leigh Penner said...

Great projects! I love the texture of the pillow box-- very pretty!

Jacquie Southas said...

The boxes are lovely elegant - perfect for gift giving! Just have to add, that I am in love with the Santa stationery set & my kids are teens!